Bonjour from Montreal! The flight sucked (small plane, not a jet), but the city is pretty. And everything is in French! Such a pretty language. Canadians are still nice. Not as nice as the folks in Wyoming, but nice. The cab driver was great! The hotel is nice. The Jazz festival is twelve floors down, but right outside my window otherwise. I'll be sleeping to the beat of jazz on the street. There are masses of people down there!
I got tagged by drvsilla
(thanks Dru! This was kinda fun): Six Random Things MemeOnce you've been tagged, you have to write a blog with six random facts about yourself. In the end you need to choose six people to be tagged and list their names.
1. My sewing machine is one of my very favorite possessions. I have made numerous wonderful things including costumes, banners, quilts, tablerunners, etc. It has an insane number of decorative stitches, and two distinct alphabets (capital letters only). It currently lives on the dining room table.
1a. I have a need to collect fabrics of all kinds. I have bags and boxes and cartons of fabric bought for one project or another.
2. I used to collect comic books. Yep, big comic book geek here. DC and Vertigo and WaRP imprints were my favorites. I stopped the October of 2002. I feel like an addict (it's been three years and nine months since I bought my last comic book...).
3. I really, truley, *strongly* dislike airplane travel. I love being in other places, but I don't fly well. I don't freak out (except in my own mind) but I don't like airports, crowds, or airplanes.
4. I have *many* MANY many odd food things. For example: I won't eat fresh tomatoes, but I don't mind ketchup (only on fries) and tomato based sauces (pasta, meat with pasta) but I hate tomato soup. I won't eat onions (unless they are pureed). Keep the pickles off my plate, please, they contaminate everything they touch! I'll eat banana bread, but the texture of plain bananas makes me retch. Don't dress the salad, don't put dressing the sandwich. Mayonnaise is for tuna salad, and then only sparingly, please. I can usually find things on the menu anywhere I'll eat, but I almost always have to request they leave something out or put sauces on the side. Freaksome, I know.
5. I love musical theatre, but don't sing in public, myself. I have pretty good range - - for a teenage boy. I am neither a teenager or a boy, so I don't sing in public. I find myself quoting plays, shows, and movies at odd times ("I don't perform except at dinner" is one of my favorites.). I have my own little soundtrack that plays in my head. Usually some kind of broadway music.
6. I love maps! Going somewhere new, especially when I'm driving or in charge of finding my way, I look at maps of the area just to try to get a feel for the place. Sometimes it makes everything easier, sometimes it doesn't, but it has never made anything harder or worse!
I don't know who to tag for this meme, so if you wanna do it, go ahead!
Last thought: I was assured by a reliable source today that I am a "fairly useful" person to know. Thanks CE! I love being known as a fairly useful human being...